Glenrochie Country Club was a 9-hole facility designed by Alex McKay in 1958. It was built on land acquired from Camp Glenrochie which was an all girls camp dating back to the 1800’s. In 1989, Dan Maples designed the second 9 holes to complete the beautiful 18-hole, 7,000 yard layout. Until the beginning 2011, the front 9 played relatively flat with generous fairways, and the back 9 challenged players with elevation changes and tight, tree lined fairways. Today the course plays very different from years ago, but Glenrochie has always been known for its fast, tricky, and undulating greens.